If you’re buying or selling a home in the Belton area, choosing the right Realtor is one of the most important steps in the process. You will want to be represented by a professional who has a deep understanding of the local market, knows how best to navigate the intricacies of home-buying and selling, and whom you can rely on to look out for your best interests. Read on for tips on how to choose a Belton, Texas Realtor
- Referrals from friends and family members are a good place to start. Ask those who’ve recently bought or sold a home in the Belton or Temple area if they have recommendations – and if they do, don’t forget to ask them for details about their picks such as experience, stand-out traits, general approach to the home sale or purchase, and so on.
- New to the area? Do online research. Check out area agents’ websites, create a shortlist of those that you like and get more research done on them if you can. Most professionals these days have LinkedIn profiles and if a Realtor belongs to an agency, there might be more information on the company site as well.
- If you’re putting up your Belton home for sale and the Realtor you’re checking into doesn’t seem to have an online presence, you may want to reconsider. The vast majority of buyers use the internet to search for homes and you’ll want to work with a professional who has kept up with online marketing.
Interview Questions for a Belton, Texas Realtor
Once you’ve narrowed down your options, the next step is to conduct interviews. If you’re not quite sure which questions you should be asking, here’s a list of some of the more important ones:
- How long have you been in real estate? While it’s not always the most important factor, experience does matter. Don’t forget to ask how long they’ve been specializing in a particular area as well.
- Can you provide references? Anyone who refuses or cannot provide references is probably not someone you’ll want to work with.
- Do you have any designations? These help indicate the Realtor’s specific areas of expertise and can also clue you in on their experience.
- On average, how many days does a home you represent stay on the market? Also find out how it compares to the market average.
- What’s your average list-to-sales-price ratio? This is something you can ask both buyers and listing agents.
- What’s your marketing plan? Ask to see samples of previous campaigns if they have any, find out what kind of internet marketing strategies they have, open houses, etc.
- How much are your fees and how do they work? A good Realtor will break it down for you so you’ll understand where the money will be going.
Want more insights on How to choose a Belton, Texas Realtor? Get in touch with Mary Jane Roach anytime. Explore the site to learn more about the local real estate market, search for currently available homes, get updates on Belton and Temple, Texas community events, and more.